Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport officials announced that Frontier Airlines will begin offering roundtrip flights to four new cities beginning Sept. 8.
The non-stop flights will be to Denver, Las Vegas, Orlando and Tampa with introductory one-way tickets starting at $34.
Frontier is the sixth airline – Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, Southwest and United – offering service from GSP.
“Each of these new cities is in the top twenty destinations for GSP’s passengers and Frontier will make reaching these destinations more convenient,” said Dave Edwards, GSP president and CEO. “We are excited to offer these services to people living in the Upstate and surrounding areas.”
Tyri Squyres, vice president of marketing for Frontier, saw first hand the value of a low cost carrier coming to GSP. “I flew in last night and tickets were $850 to GSP. I flew into Charlotte and drove here. The cost is prohibitive.
“Those four (cities) we saw there were no non-stop options from the market. We felt that was a big win, and all that connectivity is very expensive,” said Squyres.
Just the facts:
• Service from GSP begins Sept. 8.
• A 180-seat Airbus A320 aircraft will service flights to Denver, Las Vegas and Orlando.
• GSP to Denver departs 12:20 p.m. Denver to GSP is 6:30 a.m.
• GSP to Orlando departs 3:40 p.m. Orlando to GSP is 6:05 p.m.
• GSP to Las Vegas departs 8:40 p.m. Las Vegas to GSP is 7:40 a.m.
• GSP to Tampa begins in the winter and can be booked when Frontier announces schedule in July.
• Ticket information: www.flyfrontier.com.